Windows 8 what do we think?
After installing the new o/s on my company laptop this weekend, the following thoughts have come to mind;
- Very simple upgrade without even burning the media to disk or USB.
- Nice quick start up times
- Install time was rapid on SSD and icore3, 25 mins max.
- IE 10 is a lot better than version 9, we will keep testing before customers are told to upgrade.
- WIFI speeds seem to have improved.
- Please put the start menu back, otherwise you can always BUY, yes that’s correct buy this to get your start menu back. http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/
- Drivers… still need some work Sony Vaios with 3g please see this link ! http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_cp-networking/i-cannot-install-viao-smart-network-after/9a9b143b-d4e3-4776-b077-877c484dd37f
- windows 8 menu is still a bit of pain, but i think i need to get used to it.
From this weekends testing, i think the new OS seems good and worth a go if you have a new machine..... bring on the 26 October when this comes out to public!